Subject: Re: help using Vim with gnuwin32 tools?
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

27 Oct 1997 06:57:11 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

I suggest looking at Pete Jordan's debash which you can find at 
http://www.horus.cix.co.uk/downloads.html .  I have been using version  
4.6 of vim on win32 with debash and have little problem finding path 
names.

The problems with path names using debash will come when you try to 
reference a cygwin path from within vim with one of the file operation 
commands.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

>From: John Cook <[email-masked]>
>To: "'gnuwin32'" <[email-masked]>
>Subject: help using Vim with gnuwin32 tools?
>Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 16:50:28 -0700
>
>Hi.
>
>What do I need to do to get Vim working with the gnuwin32 
>toolchain (e.g., bash)?  I saw a lot of talk about this in 
>the mailing list archives of several months ago, but nothing 
>recently.  There are some defined(__CYGWIN32__) in the source 
>code (I have vim-5.0p) so it appears that at least some of the 
>gnuwin32-specific patches circulating back then have made it 
>into Vim, but make ran into problems.  I have the stock b18 
>version of the cdk.  Do I need Sergey Okhapin's newer version 
>of cygwin.dll or newer versions of anything else?
>
>The 'win32 console' version of Vim works mostly OK, but its 
>path handling converts / to \, so (for example) 'vi /.bashrc' 
>brings up an empty file unless I happen to be in a directory 
>on the root drive.  Also, I'd like to be able to use the 
>editor-dependent commands of sdiff with Vim (I set the 
>EDITOR variable to point to Vim, but the 'eb' command in sdiff 
>brings up an empty file).
>
>I know nearly nothing of termcap and ncurses (sorry!), so if 
>I need to acquire and build these, please point me to useable 
>sources.  (I do have TERM=linux.)
>
>Thanks,
>
>John
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".