Subject: CygWin32 documentation
From: [email-masked] (Thomas Nichols)

26 Oct 1997 06:32:07 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

I'm looking for documentation to some of the GNU tools that come with
cygwin32: speccifically, gcc, ranlib, ld, grep and gmake. I also need a
win32 build of man - is there one? Is there a *DOS* tool that can show me
man pages in a sensible format? What about the *.info* files in the INFO
directory, what tool do I need to view these?

I've looked through the FAQ and the Release Notes, as well ast the May 7
1997 README.txt: I've found some online documentation, is that all that's
available? No PDFs or ZIPs of all relevant HTML pages?

Finally, is there any resource for the cygwin32 API, or do I just use
Microsquish's documentation?

------------- later --------------

Aha! Just found
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/
which are the man pages in WinHelp format.

Thanks
Regards
Tom.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".