Subject: Re: `Color ls' from a bash$ window
From: [email-masked] (Tim Newsham)

23 Oct 1997 00:09:07 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <c=US%a=_%p=KLA_Instruments_%l=[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked] (John Cook)
Cc: [email-masked]

> Also, your 'no extra cost' may vary--I find that ls runs 
> noticeably slower with color enabled than it does without 
> color.  (I am running the stock b18 gnuwin32 tools--which I 

--color (like the -F option) must find out the type of each
file so it nows how to color it.  This takes more filesystem
calls than a vanilla ls.

> --John
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".