Subject: anybody built gcc cross-compilers?
From: [email-masked] (William R. Jones)

22 Oct 1997 08:13:47 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

I'm trying to build a cross-compiler so I can build code for an ARM on NT. 
I have bult it on a SPARC, but guess what, I don't have a SPARC at home.

running NT4.0SP3, under a bash shell, I run configure using the following 
line:

../configure --build=i386-*-winnt35 --host=i386-*-winnt35 --target=arm

in a separate tree set aside for just this purpose. The resulting make 
LANGUAGES=C results in it dying when trying to build one of the early files 
in the obj list, I think cccp.c.

I noticed several errors resulting from the ./configure call, mostly usage 
messages from mv and "does not exist" messages from touch- which should be 
creating those files that don't exist, not failing outright.

But before I jump in with both feet and try to debug configure, i thought 
I'd ask if anybody else has tried to do something similar, and if so, were 
you able to get it to work?

Bill Jones

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".