Subject: RE: Getting lynx.exe to compile _and_ _work_ from cygwin
From: [email-masked] (Victor Schneider)

22 Oct 1997 01:46:05 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

At 10:17 AM 10/22/97 +0300, you wrote:
>Victor Schneider wrote:
>> One plausible reason why lynx.exe won't work after being configured and
>> compiled under b18 cygwin32 is that the winsocket.dll initialization
>> function isn't called from lynx.  If you define `_WINDOWS' in
>
>Lynx configured and compiled under b18 cygwin runs fine! The initialisation
of winsock is performed by cygwin.dll's start-up code.
>
It doesn't work.  If you've run `./configure' and compiled the result, you
would know that (a) it doesn't read the control keys properly, unless you
use slang and (b) it can't look up named hosts.  I've done it enough times
with enough versions of lynx to know.  So, either you are very careless, or
you are lying.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".