Subject: src questions, test cases?
From: [email-masked] (Tim Newsham)

21 Oct 1997 16:12:40 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

   Does cygwin (or anyone else) have a set of test cases they
use for regression testing?  Are these publically available?

I have a couple of questions about cygwin.dll (winsup) src:

 - why does select iterate over all the file descriptors instead
   of just the ones set in the bit vectors?

 - why does select open up a stream socket after firing off the
   select thread?

 - Couldn't asynchronous operations be used to select on sockets
   instead of firing off a seperate thread?

 - Is there any way of asynchronously checking for data on a pipe?

                                       Tim N.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".