Subject: Case sensitivity in make.exe
From: [email-masked] (Andrew Sweeney)

20 Oct 1997 20:04:18 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

How do I disable filename case sensitivity in make.

I have a problem where I use gcc -MM to generate dependencies. The
output is all lowercase and when I compile it doesn't find the correct
file.

I have a huge sorucetree so I can't rename every file. It will break
other developers.

example.

Locate.c

output of gcc-MM

loacte.o: ../src/locate.c ../inc/locate.h

gcc -o locate.o

Error: No such file locate.c

I am running on Window NT. Should this package work on win NT?

I you know the answer could you please email me. I took my name off the
list cause of the volume of mail generated.

thanks
Andy

--

Andrew Sweeney
[email-masked]
29 King Street
Littleton, Ma 01460

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".