Subject: Re: Win98 users?
From: [email-masked] (Chris Faylor)

20 Oct 1997 17:30:49 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

Hi,
Thanks for reporting the problem.  The error message you received is
from the code that I've submitted to Sergey which is supposed to get
things working better with Windows 9[58].  I don't exactly understand
how your error happened but I have been going through the code again
trying to tighten a few things up and add some more error messages that
might let me pinpoint things better.

There was also a typo in the "WFSO" error printf below that resulted in
the loss of a piece of information that might have helped point to what
was going on here.  Some guy named Murphy is responsible for that one...
:-)

In article <[email-masked]>,
rale  <[email-masked]> wrote:
>So far the new dll has been alot more stable for me, however, i did
>have 2 pretty random crashes so far.  Once was a configure script that
>basicaly froze everything up, but when i rebooted and reran it,
>everything was fine.  Second was about half way through a make, that
>crashed with a stack trace:
>
>(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) In cygwin_except_handler exc
>C0000005 at BFF76F49 sp 254E654
>(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) Exception trapped!
>(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) exception C0000005 at
>BFF76F49
>(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) exception: ax 8154B049 bx 0
>cx 8158CDF8 dx 0
>(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) exception: si 8158CDF8 di 0
>bp 254E6C0 sp 254E654
>(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) exception is:
>STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
>(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) Stack trace:
>(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) frame 0: sp = 0x254E470, pc
>= 0x10007B9A
>(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) frame 1: sp = 0x254E48C, pc
>= 0xBFF7683D
>(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) frame 2: sp = 0x254E4B0, pc
>= 0xBFF87597
>(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) frame 3: sp = 0x254E544, pc
>= 0xFFECBAD7
>(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) frame 4: sp = 0x254E6C0, pc
>= 0x10026485
>(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) frame 5: sp = 0x254E6D0, pc
>= 0x100263FF
>(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) frame 6: sp = 0x254E6DC, pc
>= 0x1000CF07
>(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) frame 7: sp = 0x254E7A0, pc
>= 0x0
>(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) End of stack trace
>(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) proc_subproc:
>WFSO(sync_proc_subproc) = 1 for(6,0), err = 6, last what = -1
>
>But, when i closed the shell window and reran bash, then ran make again,
>it went on fine.
>It seems pretty random to me.  Maybe that crash means something to
>someone...
>
>Alex wrote:
>> 
>> Hi, It's me again.
>> 
>> I'm just wondering if anyone is using Sergey's latest dll and Win98 build
>> 1581 or 1602.  I've noticed a few problems, and am trying to pinpoint the
>> cause.
>> 
>> - alex
>> 
>> -
>> For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
>> "[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".

-- 
http://www.bbc.com/	[email-masked]			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".