Subject: Re: Win98 users?
From: [email-masked] (rale)

19 Oct 1997 16:30:02 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Alex <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi,
So far the new dll has been alot more stable for me, however, i did have
2
pretty random crashes so far.  Once was a configure script that basicaly
froze everything up, but when i rebooted and reran it, everything was
fine.
Second was about half way through a make, that crashed with a stack
trace:

(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) In cygwin_except_handler exc
C0000005 at BFF76F49 sp 254E654
(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) Exception trapped!
(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) exception C0000005 at
BFF76F49
(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) exception: ax 8154B049 bx 0
cx 8158CDF8 dx 0
(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) exception: si 8158CDF8 di 0
bp 254E6C0 sp 254E654
(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) exception is:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) Stack trace:
(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) frame 0: sp = 0x254E470, pc
= 0x10007B9A
(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) frame 1: sp = 0x254E48C, pc
= 0xBFF7683D
(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) frame 2: sp = 0x254E4B0, pc
= 0xBFF87597
(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) frame 3: sp = 0x254E544, pc
= 0xFFECBAD7
(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) frame 4: sp = 0x254E6C0, pc
= 0x10026485
(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) frame 5: sp = 0x254E6D0, pc
= 0x100263FF
(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) frame 6: sp = 0x254E6DC, pc
= 0x1000CF07
(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) frame 7: sp = 0x254E7A0, pc
= 0x0
(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) End of stack trace
(C:\UNIX\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1116) proc_subproc:
WFSO(sync_proc_subproc) = 1 for(6,0), err = 6, last what = -1

But, when i closed the shell window and reran bash, then ran make again,
it went on fine.
It seems pretty random to me.  Maybe that crash means something to
someone...

Alex wrote:
> 
> Hi, It's me again.
> 
> I'm just wondering if anyone is using Sergey's latest dll and Win98 build
> 1581 or 1602.  I've noticed a few problems, and am trying to pinpoint the
> cause.
> 
> - alex
> 
> -
> For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
> "[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".