Subject: Setting up cdk on Linux, and a couple shell quirks
From: [email-masked] (Bizzaro)

18 Oct 1997 00:41:58 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: GNU Win 32 <[email-masked]>

I decided to play around with setting up the cdk on my Linux box to cross
compile stuff.  It went pretty well, but xgcc is trying to use temp files in
/tmp\cc00000.i.  I've found some references in two choose-temp.c files. 
Basically it had #ifdef _WIN32, #define DIR_SEPARATOR '\\'.  A similar reference
was in gcc/config/i386/xm-cygwin32.h.

After I changed those, remade everything, and it is still insisting on the \ for
the separator.  Any help, pretty please? 

Also, I grabbed the tcsh Sergey has on his page.  It has this really strange
behavior of not wanting to run some files in my path, but it does run others. 
One example is in /H-i386-cygwin32 (I have mounted as /usr).  There is id, and
ls.  Id works fine, yet it says command not found for ls.  There were others it
chooses to run, and some not to run but those two came to mind.

The other shell giving me headaches is zsh.  It compiled, runs fine.  I can
execute commands.  The strange part is it doesn't want to display what I type. 
Oh, and it would only display the prompt with term=vt100. 
Still with that, I can't see what I type.

Anyone gotten either of these to work any better?
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".