Subject: Re: Ported: NcFTP
From: [email-masked] (Alex)

17 Oct 1997 23:39:44 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

On Sat, 18 Oct 1997 [email-masked] wrote:

> Hi Alex, you wrote:
> 
> : On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Joshua O'Keefe wrote:
> : 
> : > Downloaded the current NcFTP source, ran configure and added -lreadline
> : > into the Makefile.
> 
> Is NcFTP a server or a client? The NT FTP client works just fine for me,
> so why would I need NcFTP?

NcFTP is a freeware client, NcFTPd is a _very_ good and _very_ _very_
cheap server by the same author (pricing starts at $US 5).   You don't
need NcFTP for anything if the NT ftp client works for you.  The screen
updates will be slower in NcFTP, however on the plus side you'll get
access to the cygwin32 (posix style I guess) paths, you'll get a more
visual display, a macro language, resume, bookmarks, better online help,
and tips of the day.  But if you're happy with the NT client.. ;-)

- alex

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".