Subject: Re: Cygnus used in a Product ?
From: [email-masked] (Claus Brod)

17 Oct 1997 19:00:54 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Fergus Henderson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

> Yes, you're wrong.

Good news!

> You don't need to ship source code unless your app is a "derivative work"
> of the DLL, and if it just uses that standard POSIX interfaces it won't be.

In other words, as long as I just use the Cygwin32 DLL(s) along with the
header files to compile and link my application, I can distribute my
application along with the Cygwin32 DLLs (plus maybe the sources for the
DLLs), but I am not forced to publish the sources for my application?

[email-masked]
  Claus Brod, CoCreate Software    Have you hugged your manager today?
  CoCreate Software GmbH
  A Hewlett-Packard Company        Phone: +49 7031 951 152
--http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/3366 ---#include <disclaimer>--
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".