Subject: New patch breaks some X clients
From: [email-masked] (Arlindo da Silva)

17 Oct 1997 13:36:23 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

One problem that I encounter off and on, is long delays when starting some
X clients (mostly those using Xaw). The last one of my problems had been
fixed with Serguey's patch of 19Sep97 (may be before that, I did not try).
The fact is, I just installed Serguey's most recent patch and the long delays
came back (X Servers: MI/X or X-Win32, the ones I tried).

The package I am refering to is Ncview, an X11 based visualization tool;
it builds out of the small (200K) tarfile available from:

  ftp://niteroi.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/win32/ncview/ncview-1.70w.tar.g

(see README.win32). 

Any help greatly appreciated.

	Arlindo.

-- 
Arlindo da Silva    
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".