Subject: Re: What about RSXNT instead of cygwin32???
From: [email-masked] (Peter Dalgaard BSA)

17 Oct 1997 01:23:09 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: Geoffrey Noer <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked] (Peter Dalgaard BSA), [email-masked],
        [email-masked]

Geoffrey Noer <[email-masked]> writes:

> 
> > Yes, I've tried that and it certainly seems to be a class act,
> > although not as ambitious as cygwin32.
> 
> From what I have heard, RSXNT sounds like it does significantly
> less but isn't beta quality.  I've also heard that nobody is actively
> maintaining RSXNT -- anyone know differently?

As far as I can tell, the author is still around, but hasn't posted
anything on the net since the summer holidays. The current version is
from March 97, so it's not exactly rapidly changing, but it's probably
a bit early to declare it dead.

What you may have heard is what I've also seen on dejanews, namely
that Rainer Schnitker at some point abandoned RSXWIN *in favor of*
RSXNT.

BTW. It's probably fair to mention that also RSXNT has strings
attached when it comes to commercial development.

-- 
   O__  ---- Peter Dalgaard             Blegdamsvej 3  
  c/ /'_ --- Dept. of Biostatistics     2200 Cph. N   
 (*) \(*) -- University of Copenhagen   Denmark      Ph: (+45) 35327918
~~~~~~~~~~ - ([email-masked])             FAX: (+45) 35327907
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".