Subject: Using find on shared drives.
From: [email-masked] (Hughes, Richard)

15 Oct 1997 14:38:44 -0700
Message-ID: <c=GB%a=_%p=Aspect_Telecommu%l=[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

	Hi

	find.exe doesnt seem to work on shared network file systems.  
	( either accessed using samba or mapped network drives)

	for example .

	find . -name "*" -type d -print.

	finds the first directory , the rest of the directories are reported on
with

	find: "./ XXX No such file or directory".....

	any answers ?

	Cheers
	Rich.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
------
Richard Hughes

Aspect Telecommunications, Open CTI Technology,
Sovereign Gate, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 2NA.

Tel:       +44 (0)181 948 6000  email: [email-masked] 
Fax:      +44 (0)181 948 6712
Direct: +44 (0)181 614 7428 

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".