Subject: Why are screen updates so slow?
From: [email-masked] (David A. Rogers)

15 Oct 1997 13:00:18 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

I just got usertools.exe from /latest.  It's slooooooow.  I hunted around
the net and found a recommendation for setting term= and termcap.  It
wasn't much of an improvement.  I understand that the code is compiled with
debug on.  Even so, it doesn't seem right that a simple ls command should
list so slowly.  Is it something I can tweak or is it inevitable?

BTW
Pentium 166
48M ram

Regards,
David

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".