Subject: gnu-win32 and winsock
From: [email-masked] (Allen Chen)

13 Oct 1997 21:49:02 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi..I've just converted from 17.1 to 18, and the first thing I notice is
that when I started the bash shell, it keeps starting the dial-up
program I have, trying to go online.  This is an extremely annoying
behaviour.  I understand that winsock is initialized in this new version
when you start any app in the shell.  Is it trying to get the name from
a name server or something (a similar problem with older version of GNU
NTEmacs)??  How do I disable it?

If it couldn't be done, I just have to go back to 17.1.  Any help will
be greatly appreciated.

Allen
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".