Subject: "Unofficial " release of PilotUnix GNU/Cygnus WIN32 Port v0.8.6
From: [email-masked] (Alexander Hinds)

13 Oct 1997 03:46:13 -0700
Message-ID: <01bcd7c1$b6ad1e30$0a0a0a0a.cygnus.gnu-win32@ahinds>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "Kenneth Albanowski" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>

I've put a functioning, albeit hacked version of my port of pilot-unix 0.8.6
to WindowsNT on Stingersoft and PilotGear.

All flames, hate-mail, etc to me:

[email-masked]

PS. If somebody could figure out why anthing lower or higher than 9600 baud
doesn't work I'd be ecstatic.  I've tried to no avail, and even looked at
the GDB sources for clues...

README as follows:

----------------------------

This is a first attempt at a port of the pilot-unix suite to cygnus'
GNU WIN32 suite for 95/NT.
Most of the programs seem to work, including:
pilot-xfer:  useful for making complete backups
pilot-mail:  retreives email from pop server to pilot mail app
             (haven't tried sending, but it should work if you use a
   command-line sendmail for NT)

pilot-file
They have only been tested on NT, and obviously need cygnus' (b18!!)
libraries
to be installed to run (see http://www.cygnus.com ).

Things to note:
1.  Communication only works at 9600 baud.  I have no idea why and I've
spent considerable time futzing;  I know very little about terminal i/o
under
unix, and even less under NT.
2.  I had to hack the original configure script a bit and the generated
makefile.   Since I don't know much about configure, I haven't attempted to
reintegrate my changes...so getting here from there may not be a slam-dunk.
Sorry.
3.  Modified files have corresponding "orig"'s.  I added a compiler def:
"GNUWIN32" to mark off windows specific regions.
4.  Serial i/o didn't work when linked against Sergey's modified cygnus
libs.
I've been meaning to spend more time with this but carpal tunnel is getting
to me, and I didn't want what little progress I'd made sit here indefinitely
as what there is may be useful to others.
Many thanks to Kenneth and pilot-unix community for the *awesome* tools.  If
I can be of further assistance in this endeavor to anyone, please let me
know!
Send comments and flames to:
Alexander S. Hinds
[email-masked]
10/13/97

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".