Subject: Re: [IIS] E/S standards via la console
From: [email-masked] (Fernandes, Hilton)

12 Oct 1997 16:27:32 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
To: Charles Curley <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],
        [email-masked]
Cc: Hilton Fernandes <[email-masked]>

Hi!

Thanks for your very informative letter.  Since i read it I'm 
considering to play with Omnihttpd.  As far as i understand it is a 
web server for Win95, right?

However, i'd like to tell you of a gotcha that i personally hit real
hard.  I'm sure you know about this, but just in case you've 
overlooked this particularity of Windows NT.

Under Windows NT it is not true a program has the console trio
(stdin, stdout and stderr) automatically open.  That's only true for
console programs. GUI applications must issue explicitly a
AllocConsole() to have the consolo trio open.

Best regards,
++Hilton
----
Hilton Fernandes
[email-masked]
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5657
URLs and help on C++ programming and Object-Oriented Design
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".