Subject: serial ports
From: [email-masked] (Colman Curtin)

10 Oct 1997 18:22:51 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: "GNU Win 32" <[email-masked]>

hi
how does one access the serial ports under gnu-win32? My unix comms program
takes a port as an argument '/dev/tty16' for example and operates fine but
when I try to specify com1 or com2 using a version compiled under gnu-win32 I
get permission denied. and any further attempts to communicate on that port
are useless. I can do a redirect under 95 or NT eg set > com1 but have only
managed to receive garbled output I have no idea what way the port is set up
by default. it I try an stty command it pukes on com1 but 'stty < com1'
reports a load of undef options.
I know I can communicate between these two PCs using my comms stuff but have
failed to get it going under cygnus.
anyone any ideas? or code snippets that work.

thanks in advance
Colman

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".