Subject: Installation instructions: suggestions
From: [email-masked] (Patrick Lamb)

9 Oct 1997 23:11:21 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

I recently downloaded the b18 release, the split version, and ran into a
problem with invalid files.  After a bit of head-scratching, I moved the
files over to a Linux box and ran the md5sum checksums on the files, and
compared against the checksums posted on the ftp site.  As you've probably
guessed if you've read this far, one didn't match. I merrily ftp'ed the bad
file over again, and this time it worked.  But I hate to think of what
things would have been like if I didn't have the Linux md5sum!  Only
another 3-5 hours of grabbing the whole kit and kaboodle again...

So, in addition to the tar and gzip executables, how about posting an
md5sum executable among the utils?

And unfortunately, the md5sum file on the ftp site did matched neither the
checksums nor the number or names of files in the CDK source distribution.
Could somebody (Geoff?) fix this, please?

	Pat

[email-masked]
(205) 837-5282 x1253 voice, (205) 830-0287 FAX
PGP key fingerprints: 
RSA      9EFE 9490 CFFD 845C  5D79 BF0C 960A 4BAB
DH (new) 6EB8 1806 5D0C 4D53 3E00  D562 9853 28F8 8F04 A6D9

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".