Subject: How do I open an NT device driver?
From: [email-masked] (Peter Craft)

9 Oct 1997 23:03:18 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I'm trying to issue an open to a simple NT device driver using
the cygwin developement environment and I can't figure
out how to do it..

For example, the NT DDK includes source for a "packet driver"
which allows a user to connect to a NT protocol driver directly
from user space.  The included application does this by
issueing a call to CreateFile with the unicode device name
"\\.\Packet_Packet_<adaptername>".  Is it possible to perform this
same function using the GNU library?  If so, I presume I would
perform an "open" instead of the "CreateFile"?  If so, what device
name do I use?  I've tried open("\\\\.\\Packet_Packet_<adaptername>"..
but that didn't work.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm a bit stumped here.

Thanks very much,

Pete
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".