Subject: Gnu-win32 beta release 18: make bug - 'export' has no effect
From: [email-masked] (Ross Casley)

9 Oct 1997 20:26:51 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

I've recently installed b18, and I'm having problems because
the 'export' command in make seems to do nothing.

That is, following

	FOO = bar baz
	export FOO

any sub-make's expand $(FOO) to null.  It doesn't work this way
on Solaris, and I don't see what I could be doing wrong.

Any tips would be appreciated.

-Ross Casley
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".