Subject: Assembler error
From: [email-masked] (Alessandro Vernet)

9 Oct 1997 19:35:41 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I am trying to port the Newton (http://diwww.epfl.ch/w3lco/Newton/)
compiler to Windows NT. When compiling one of the source files of the
compiler with gcc of the GNU-Win32 package (beta 19) I am getting the
following error message (see below).

Note that I have no problem compiling this file under Linux (also with
gcc 2.7.2) or Digital UNIX. I will finally add that the source file I am
trying to assemble takes about 15 Mb (the original C file was about 7
Mb).

	bash$ gcc -c sep_cfront_end.s
	BFD: sep_cfront_end.o: reloc overflow: 0x5815e > 0xffff
	sep_cfront_end.s: Assembler messages:
	sep_cfront_end.s:886904: Error: bfd_coff_swap_scnhdr_out failed
	gcc: Internal compiler error: program as got fatal signal 1

Thanks for your help,
Alex

-- 
+-------------------+--------------------------------------------------+
| Alessandro VERNET | email: [email-masked] or [email-masked]    |
| Longeraie 3       | ProOnline Central Mail System. Non profit org.   |
| CH-1006 Lausanne  | WWW pages: http://diwww.epfl.ch/~avernet/        |
+-------------------+--------------------------------------------------+
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".