Subject: Re: Program runs on Win95 but not NT! (partial solution)
From: [email-masked] (Wolfgang Ocker)

9 Oct 1997 19:35:39 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Jean-Philippe Chancelier <[email-masked]>,
        "Pedro A. Aranda Gutiirrez" <[email-masked]>

Greetings!

About two weeks ago I reported problems when running gnuwin32 compiled
programs under NT (NT refused to start them). I've found a partial solution:
the linker option -S causes the linker to omit the .stab and .stabstr (debug
info) sections from the binary ... and voila, the programs run! NT seems not
to like these sections.

Unfortunately, debugging becomes harder ...

Thanks to Jean-Philippe Chancelier <[email-masked]>
and Pedro A. Aranda Gutierrez <[email-masked]> for their help!

Wolfgang
-- 
 | Wolfgang Ocker    | D-86576 Schiltberg-Rapperzell | [email-masked]         |
 | reccoware systems | Phone +49-8259-1048, Fax 1049 | How do we sleep ...? |
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".