Subject: Problem using own *.a file
From: [email-masked] (Dr. W. L. Jarrett)

8 Oct 1997 14:19:03 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

Dear Comrades:
        This may be a silly  problem, I do not know.  I've recently
downloaded and installed cdk.exe with no problems.  Using the make, I
created a file libgamma.a, no problem.  However, whenver I try to compile a
program using libgamma.a, I am getting the following errors:

/u/gamma-3.5.2/I:\\Programs\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i
386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/_string.h:427:
undefined reference to `_nilStrRep'

I am using the following test file to attempt to compile the program:

SLIB="-lm"
SLIB1="-lstdc++"
GAMMA="-lgamma"

c++           demo1.cc \
              -Wall -v -g \
              -I/u/gamma-3.5.2/share/src \
              -I//$CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH \
              -D_SSLIB_ -D_SSLIB1_ -D_SGAMMA_ \
              -L/u/gamma-3.5.2/PCNT/lib \
              -lgamma -lstdc++ -lm \
              -o demo1.exe

During the compilation c++ is searching the following directories:

GNU CPP version cygnus-2.7.2-970404 (80386, BSD syntax)
#include "..." search starts here:
#include <...> search starts here:
 /u/gamma-3.5.2/share/src
 I:\Programs\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\cygnus-2
..7.2-970404\../../../../../include/g++
 I:\Programs\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\cygnus-2
..7.2-970404\../../../../../include
 I:\Programs\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\cygnus-2
..7.2-970404\../../../../i386-cygwin32/include
 I:\Programs\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\cygnus-2
..7.2-970404\include
End of search list.

Are those the correct directories?  What I really don't understand is how I
could create the libgamma. a file, using a module (complex.cc -> complex.o)
that calls _string.h, and yet have this difficulty using the actual program.

If anyone has any ideas, please contact me.

Thank you for your time and assistance,

Dr. W. L. Jarrett
University of Southern Mississippi
Department of Polymer Science
2609 W. Fourth St.
Hattiesburg, MS  34906-5103

Phone:  (601)266-4551
Fax:       (601)266-5504
email:  [email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".