Subject: Re: [IIS] E/S standards via la console
From: [email-masked] (flam)

6 Oct 1997 23:37:35 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Charles Curley <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

Hi everybody,

I test to write in english (Sorry in advance).

I thank you for yours answers and Michael for his translation.

>Charles Curley wrote:
> 
> (...) 
> The only "IIS" I know about is Microsoft's Internet Information Server,
> which comes as a freebie with NT 4.0. Is that the one to which you are
> referring?

Yes.

> Unfortunately, I have no idea what the E/S standards are to which you
> refer. Anyone else?

I have readed "Golden book - Windows NT 3.5 Programmation" by Brian
Myers & Eric Hamer. (I don't know if it's the original title).

In Chapter 17 - API of console, the I/O standards is : CONIN$ (equal
stdin) and CONOUT$ (stdout) using with CreateFile().

I hav'nt find example for use in this book.

> I have used IIS Version 2, and recommend you stay away from it. Version 3
> should be better. I do not believe either one runs on W95, but I have not
> tried it.
> (...)

Even if CONIN$ and CONOUT$ don't exist with WindowsNT 4, it is possible
to create a C program to communicate with IIS (or any Internet Server).
	MY_PROGRAM.EXE <--> C_PROGRAM_I/O <--> IIS

I want not to use IIS with Windows95. Actually i use Windows95 and
OmniHTTPd (Server). If my C program run with him, this program will run
with WindowsNT and IIS, i think. 

Other question concerning the console : The golden book indicate that
the option of compiling is :	-subsystem:console
Have Gnu-win32 an equivalent of this option ?

I hope that this help you.

I thank you for your help.

Salutations.

flam
PS : I'm sorry if my text is direspectful, it's not my objective.
My "english" is very bad.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".