Subject: thanks/another problem
From: [email-masked] (Dr. W. L. Jarrett)

6 Oct 1997 14:02:14 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

Dear Comrades:
        Thanks for your response, I was able to get my code to go through
the make process and create a library file libgamma.a.  However, whenever I
try to compile a program using that specific file I am gettig the following
error messages:

/u/gamma-3.5.2/PCNT/lib/libgamma.a(complex.o): In function
`complex_setf(int, int, int, int, int)':
/u/gamma-3.5.2/I:\\Programs\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i
386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/_string.h:419:
undefined reference to `Salloc(StrRep *, char const *, int, int)'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/I:\\Programs\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i
386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/_string.h:415:
undefined reference to `_nilStrRep'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/I:\\Programs\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i
386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/_string.h:501:
undefined reference to `_nilStrRep'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/I:\\Programs\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i
386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/_string.h:501:
undefined reference to `Scat(StrRep *, char const *, int, char const *, int)'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/I:\\Programs\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i
386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/_string.h:506:
undefined reference to `Scat(StrRep *, char const *, int, char const *, int)'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/I:\\Programs\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i
386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/_string.h:440:
undefined reference to `Scopy(StrRep *, StrRep const *)'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/I:\\Programs\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i
386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/_string.h:427:
undefined reference to `_nilStrRep'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/I:\\Programs\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i
386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/_string.h:427:
undefined reference to `_nilStrRep'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/I:\\Programs\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i
386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/_string.h:427:
undefined reference to `_nilStrRep'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/I:\\Programs\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i
386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/_string.h:419:
undefined reference to `Salloc(StrRep *, char const *, int, int)'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/I:\\Programs\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i
386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/_string.h:415:
undefined reference to `_nilStrRep'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/I:\\Programs\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i
386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/_string.h:501:
undefined reference to `_nilStrRep'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/I:\\Programs\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i
386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/_string.h:501:
undefined reference to `Scat(StrRep *, char const *, int, char const *, int)'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/I:\\Programs\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i
386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/_string.h:419:
undefined reference to `Salloc(StrRep *, char const *, int, int)'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/I:\\Programs\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i
386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/_string.h:491:
undefined reference to `Scat(StrRep *, char const *, int, char const *, int)'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/I:\\Programs\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i
386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/_string.h:501:
undefined reference to `Scat(StrRep *, char const *, int, char const *, int)'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/I:\\Programs\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i
386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/_string.h:506:
undefined reference to `Scat(StrRep *, char const *, int, char const *, int)'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/I:\\Programs\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i
386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/_string.h:440:
undefined reference to `Scopy(StrRep *, StrRep const *)'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/I:\\Programs\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i
386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/_string.h:427:
undefined reference to `_nilStrRep'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/I:\\Programs\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i
386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/_string.h:427:
undefined reference to `_nilStrRep'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/I:\\Programs\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i
386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/_string.h:427:
undefined reference to `_nilStrRep'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/I:\\Programs\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i
386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/_string.h:427:
undefined reference to `_nilStrRep'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/I:\\Programs\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i
386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/_string.h:427:
undefined reference to `_nilStrRep'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/PCNT/lib/libgamma.a(complex.o):/u/gamma-3.5.2/I:\\Programs\\g
nuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970
404\\../../../../../include/g++/_string.h:427: more undefined references to
`_nilStrRep' follow
/u/gamma-3.5.2/PCNT/lib/libgamma.a(complex.o): In function
`complex_getf(String &)':
/u/gamma-3.5.2/I:\\Programs\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i
386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/_string.h:440:
undefined reference to `Scopy(StrRep *, StrRep const *)'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/PCNT/lib/libgamma.a(complex.o): In function `_ls(ostream &,
complex const &)':
/u/gamma-3.5.2/share/src/complex.cc:220: undefined reference to
`String::operator char const *(void) const'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/share/src/complex.cc:224: undefined reference to
`String::operator char const *(void) const'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/share/src/complex.cc:231: undefined reference to
`String::operator char const *(void) const'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/share/src/complex.cc:233: undefined reference to
`String::operator char const *(void) const'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/share/src/complex.cc:246: undefined reference to
`String::operator char const *(void) const'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/PCNT/lib/libgamma.a(complex.o):/u/gamma-3.5.2/share/src/compl
ex.cc:252: more undefined references to `String::operator char const *(void)
const' follow
/u/gamma-3.5.2/PCNT/lib/libgamma.a(complex.o): In function
`complex::GLOBAL_$D$(void)':
/u/gamma-3.5.2/I:\\Programs\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i
386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/_string.h:427:
undefined reference to `_nilStrRep'
/u/gamma-3.5.2/PCNT/lib/libgamma.a(complex.o): In function
`complex::GLOBAL_$I$(void)':
/u/gamma-3.5.2/I:\\Programs\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i
386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/_string.h:419:
undefined reference to `Salloc(StrRep *, char const *, int, int)'
g++: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 1

The module complex.cc compiled without any problems during the make.   It
seems to me that the header file _string.h is not being accessed properly.
Does anyone have a suggest on how I may approach this probelm?  I am using a
Gateway 120MHz running NT server 4.0.

Thank you for your time and assistance,

Dr. W. L. Jarrett
University of Southern Mississippi
Department of Polymer Science
2609 W. Fourth St.
Hattiesburg, MS  34906-5103

Phone:  (601)266-4551
Fax:       (601)266-5504
email:  [email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".