Subject: Re: Bad linker behaviour
From: [email-masked]

6 Oct 1997 10:44:50 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

>Ah well, it turns out that this is caused by C++ attempted name
>mangling, and only happens in the case where the symbols can't be
>matched (which is the case in my example above, although it wasn't
>meant to be). So, the end result is that for symbols which get name
>mangled like this, the error messages from ld are rubbish. Is there
>any way of getting ld to give the real error message, instead of the
>message after the name mangling?

No, I'm afraid ld always demangles symbol names in error messages.
The place to fix this is the function demangle in ld/ldmisc.c.

Ian
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".