Subject: Re: Another problem with ls ...
From: [email-masked] (Tony Graham)

6 Oct 1997 09:00:53 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

At 4 Oct 1997 16:57 -0700, Alex wrote:
 > On Fri, 3 Oct 1997, Tony Graham wrote:
 > > I have a different problem with ls:  a "ls -l" of a directory on a
 > > remote disk mounted using "Map Network Drive..." from the Windows 95
 > > "Windows Explorer" returns rather odd numbers for the file sizes.  The
 > > DOS "dir" command, however, returns the right file sizes.
 > 
 > I _think_ it is a known problem that network drives do strange things to
 > GNU-Win32. I don't know of any fixes at the moment.  Does the unc mapping
 > give you the same errors?

The unc mapping, e.g. //d/projects/taglib, does give the same errors.

The problem only occurs when both machines are running Windows 95.
There is no problem with a Windows 95 machine mounting a FAT disk from
a Windows NT 3.51 machine, or for the Windows NT machine mounting a
Windows 95 disk.  I'd been happily using gnu-win32 for a year before I
had the misfortune to need to mount a Windows 95 disk from another
Windows 95 machine...

Regards,

Tony Graham
=======================================================================
Tony Graham
Mulberry Technologies, Inc.                         Phone: 301-315-9632
17 West Jefferson Street, Suite 207                 Fax:   301-315-8285
Rockville, MD USA 20850                 email: [email-masked]
=======================================================================

p.s. Is there the option of getting a digest of this mailing list?

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".