Subject: Re: Nedit for GNU WIn32?
From: [email-masked] (Arlindo da Silva)

6 Oct 1997 07:28:02 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked] (Mark Edel)
Cc: [email-masked]

> 
> >   Do you know of any port of Nedit for NT using the GNU Win32 compiler?
> > (There are client X libs for gnuwin32 and lesstiff builds out of the
> > tarfile.)
> 
> No I don't, but it sounds interesting.  I did know about the kit from
> Hummingbird for building X apps under NT and Windows.  It looked like
> what you'd get would be klunky, though, since applications built that
> way still require a separate X server to be running.
> 

True, you will need an X server, but there are free ones available
and it is not all that bad. However, you don't need to shell out $800
for the Hummingbird XDK when you can get client X libs for free from

       ftp://niteroi.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/win32/X11R6.3 

  Arlindo.

-- 

   *-----------------------------------------------------------------*
   |                                                                 |
   |             ^|^                     ARLINDO DA SILVA            |
   |              |                     212 Lexington Drive          |
   |             _|_                  Silver Spring, MD 20901        |
   |      @  ___|___|__                                              |
   |     _|_|__________|_______/     mailto:[email-masked]     |
   |    \  o o o o o o o  /                                          |
   |     \_______________/             Home: (301) 754-1121          |
   |  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^          FAX: (301) 805-7960          |
   |                                                                 |
   *-----------------------------------------------------------------*

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".