Subject: Re: Another problem with ls ...
From: [email-masked] (Alex)

5 Oct 1997 11:25:32 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

On Sun, 5 Oct 1997, Bizzaro wrote:

> > > I have a different problem with ls:  a "ls -l" of a directory on a
> > > remote disk mounted using "Map Network Drive..." from the Windows 95
> > > "Windows Explorer" returns rather odd numbers for the file sizes.  The
> > > DOS "dir" command, however, returns the right file sizes.
> > 
> > I _think_ it is a known problem that network drives do strange things to
> > GNU-Win32. I don't know of any fixes at the moment.  Does the unc mapping
> > give you the same errors?
> 
> I just tried it, mapping to my Linux box with samba.  It reports the correct
> file sizes.  Perhaps it is more with whatever type of system you are connecting
> to.

Tried what?  The drive mapping or the unc pathname?  What type of network
was the erronous drive mounted with?

- alex

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".