Subject: Re: GCC Include/Regex error
From: [email-masked] (Charles Curley)

5 Oct 1997 07:51:24 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: "Dr. W. L. Jarrett" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

At 09:12 3/10/97 -0500, Dr. W. L. Jarrett wrote:
>Dear Comrades:
>        I am new to C++, so please be kind.  I am having problems compiling
>some code that runs under Linux and IRIX 6.2.
>
>   a)   <include> statements looking for special *.h files in the source
>code directory does not work;  I had to transfer them to the /include/g++
>directory of GNUWin32;  How do I avoid that in general;

#includes with <brackets> are typically system header files. They are found
in the include path, which is defined by the include environmental variable.

For your own #include files, ones that belong to your project, use
"quotes", not <brackets>. E.g:

#include "myheader.h"

That distinction is ANSI C, and should also apply to standard C++.

Hope that helps.

>
>
> b) I am getting these error messages:
>
>I:\\Programs\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i386-cygwin32\\c
>ygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/_regex.h:41:
>`Regex::Regex(const class Regex &)' is private
>//i/programs/gamma-3.5.2/share/src/SinglePar.cc:416: within this context
>c++: Internal compiler error: program cc1plus got fatal signal 33
> 
>What is Regex.h, and what does it mean that it is "private"

I would guess that it is a header for regular expressions. If your program
is not calling it, or one of the files #included in your program, then I
suspect that the compiler is trying to pinpoint where its problem is occuring.

I have no idea what the "private" label means. Anyone else?

Hope that helps.

		-- C^2

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://web.idirect.com/~ccurley
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".