Subject: Re: Help again please.
From: [email-masked] (Michael Hirmke)

4 Oct 1997 11:47:39 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

>Someone has misstyped the FAQ, it should be FD, Frequent Diagnostics
>becasue in it it says in a section 'I use a function I know is in th
>API, but I still get a link error' and the answer is 'The function
>probably isn't declared in the header files, or the UNICODE stuff for it
>isn't filled in. What is that supposed to mean, I dont care what the
>problem is, I want to fix it, you think that someone cant figure out

If you don't care what the problem might be, you have a fatal lack of
understanding towards programming at all and IMHO shouldn't use any
compiler, because you could hit many more problems you don't want to
understand.

>there is something wrong with a file.  Isnt there a FAQ with answers and
>solutions not babble that leads to their homepage that leads to some

Perhaps you can write one ?

>other NT programs.  I finally got the program to run and compile a
>cheezy program and now there is some kind of error that is half a page
>long but ends in
>
>undefined reference to Winmain@16
>
>gcc.exe: Internal compiler error: Program ld got fatal signal 1
>
>So if someone has an answer besides, "Um, let me think, there is
>something wrong in a file", then please send it too me.
>
>I am sorry for being a little over the edge in this letter but why would
>someone write that, that is sooo stupid, its like a FAQ that says 'Why
>wont my car run' and the reply 'there is a part in your car that is not
>functioning'  It is frustrating enough without these dumb things.

Have you ever taken into consideration, that it might be difficult to
describe an exact solution for a problem.

And of course, why do you use Cygnus' gcc, if you think its stupid.

>
>Darren

Michael, who can't understand, why people always complain about things,
they could solve by reading *all* available information. and why people
also always complain about software, they can use for free and docs,
some people have written in their spare time.

--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
90489 Nuernberg          | E-Mail  mailto:[email-masked]
                         | WWW     http://minimike.franken.de/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".