Subject: Problems with Petzold programs
From: [email-masked] (Ben McGunigle)

4 Oct 1997 10:06:40 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Greetings all.

I am learning Win95 programming using the Petzold book and the
minimalist compiler. I have had trouble with the PlaySound() function
and the SND_* defines being nonexistent (Example program hellowin.c). 
The SM_RESERVED1 - 4 defines (sysmets.h) are likewise absent from the
header files. I assume they are present by default in the MS compiler
recommended by the book

Can any of you tell me to whom I should whine and/or how I can fix the
problem? No, I am NOT going to buy the MS compiler. GCC works quite
nicely.

Thanks

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".