Subject: Another problem with ls ...
From: [email-masked] (Tony Graham)

3 Oct 1997 09:13:03 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I have a different problem with ls:  a "ls -l" of a directory on a
remote disk mounted using "Map Network Drive..." from the Windows 95
"Windows Explorer" returns rather odd numbers for the file sizes.  The
DOS "dir" command, however, returns the right file sizes.

----------------------------------------
D:\Projects\taglib>ls -l | head
total 4281023235
-rw-r--r--   1 500      everyone 3237035888 Aug 08 15:42 TAGLIB.RLS
-rw-r--r--   1 500      everyone 3237511024 Aug 08 15:37 TAGLIBNC.DTD
-rw-r--r--   1 500      everyone 3237511024 Apr 06 17:06 attrname.tcl
-rw-r--r--   1 500      everyone 3237511024 Jul 30 19:56 data.sgm
drwxr-xr-x   5 500      everyone        0 Sep 19 16:05 delivery
-rwxr-xr-x   1 500      everyone 3237035888 Aug 24 20:49 dtd2data.pl
-rw-r--r--   1 500      everyone 3237511024 Jul 01 19:07 dtd2data.txt
-rw-r--r--   1 500      everyone 3237035888 Mar 16  1997 elementname.tcl
-rw-r--r--   1 500      everyone 3237511024 Apr 02  1997 elemname.tcl

D:\Projects\taglib>dir | head

 Volume in drive D is BASMATI
 Directory of D:\Projects\taglib

..              <DIR>        09-19-97  4:05p .
...             <DIR>        09-19-97  4:05p ..
RCS            <DIR>        09-19-97  4:05p rcs
TAGLIB~1 PL         19,443  07-30-97  8:07p taglibskel.pl
TAGLIB~1 TXT         1,599  03-28-97  2:33p taglibskel.txt
JADE           <DIR>        09-19-97  4:05p jade

D:\Projects\taglib>
----------------------------------------

Regards,

Tony Graham
=======================================================================
Tony Graham
Mulberry Technologies, Inc.                         Phone: 301-315-9632
17 West Jefferson Street, Suite 207                 Fax:   301-315-8285
Rockville, MD USA 20850                 email: [email-masked]
=======================================================================

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".