Subject: Re: Win98 + wait stuff = broken (was: Programs randomly crashing.)
From: [email-masked] (Chris Faylor)

3 Oct 1997 07:00:00 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

In article <[email-masked]>,
rale  <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Hi,
>I have the exact same problem too... 
>This is what i know (or at least what i think i know) so far:
> - the wait code in wait.cc is busted under win98...
> - configure scripts, or the Makefile from ash, and a bunch of other
>things generate the following error:
>  (please confirm if this is the same error your getting) 
>wait_for_any: WaitForMultipleObjects failed, win32 error 6
>wait_for_any: Trying again.
>wait_for_any: That didn't help, win32 error 6
> - this error originates from wait.cc, i found this out by just looking
>through the patches
>
>I havent been able to try fixing this, as i dont have the entire source,
>and i dont have another machine to compile on anyway. (i doubt it would
>compile on this one, considering the bug)

I've been trying to fix this for a few months now.  I had a simple solution
which worked great on NT but failed on Windows 95.  That was two months
ago.  I've been trying to work around Windows 95 (and my own stupidity)
ever since.

I have managed to create a cygwin.dll that works better on Windows 95 but
it actually causes Windows NT to hang randomly.

I'd hoped to get this code in beta 18.5 but it will not happen now.  I
missed the deadline.  In fact, I'm probably responsible for there being
no 18.5 available right now.

I'm still plugging away at this, however.  Possibly I'll have something
in a week or so.  If I do, I'll probably make the cygwin.dll available
on my web page for people to try.
-- 
http://www.bbc.com/	[email-masked]			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".