Subject: Re: Problems with Sockets and select.
From: [email-masked] (Ron G. Minnich)

2 Oct 1997 11:51:32 -0700
Message-ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.971002140844.22441A-100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@terra>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Rick Blair <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

how are you sure that the one socket you are reading from has input 
pending? is the bit set in the fd_set for the read fd_set? are you sure 
that select is not returning -1 and you are mistaking a select that 
returns with an error for a successful select? 

a code fragment would help a lot.

thanks
ron

Ron Minnich                |Java: an operating-system-independent, 
[email-masked]       |architecture-independent programming language
(609)-734-3120             |for Windows/95 and Windows/NT on the Pentium
ftp://ftp.sarnoff.com/pub/mnfs/www/docs/cluster.html 

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".