Subject: Problems with Sockets and select.
From: [email-masked] (Rick Blair)

2 Oct 1997 06:22:36 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked]

Hi all,

This is a follow up to another post I made {with no replies :-( }

I have an application that does interprocess communication with sockets.
The main server process does a select to multiplex I/O from the clients.  The
select call completes, but when I go to read the socket with input pending,
I block on the read call.  Which is strange, since select says there is input
ready for that socket.

This same code works in almost all flavors of Unix that I have tried.

Any suggestions or work arounds would be helpfull.

Many Thanks In Advance.

Rick

-- 

**************************************************************************
* email:   [email-masked]  * The contents of this message in    *
* voice:   (206)773-8962            * in no way reflect  the opinions    *
* usSnail: P.O. Box 3707 M/S 3E-28  * of the Boeing Company. Opinions    * 
*          Seattle, Wa 98124        * expressed here are strictly my own *
*    -------------  SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL POP3 SERVER --------------        * 
**************************************************************************
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".