Subject: syntax error in stdio.h
From: [email-masked] (Gregor Heinrich)

1 Oct 1997 18:17:49 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Dear Cygnus Engineer:

Having just installed CYGWIN32, I must see that it is unable to read its
own header files:

In file included from
70404\../../../../i386-cygwin32/include/stdio.h:49,
                 from C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\1001\test.c:1:

70404\../../../../i386-cygwin32/include/sys/reent.h:99: syntax error
before `const'

70404\../../../../i386-cygwin32/include/sys/reent.h:144: syntax error
before `const'

In file included from C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\1001\test.c:1:
c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\../../../../i386-cygwin32/include/stdio.h:129:
syntax error before `char'
c

After this CYGWIN begins with approximately 50 syntax error messages in
stdio.h, all with similar meaning. Reformatting stdio didnt help,
neither to plain text nor plain text w/DOS-linebreaks.

Since I am using a very common setup, P133/32MBRAM/W95, it should be a
common problem. So please give me a short note what is wrong with that,
please.

Is there also a way to strip the error messages of the full-length path
names? This would make the compiler make really easier to use.

Thanks in advance and best regards from Boston,

gregor heinrich
-- 
Gregor Heinrich
Sensimetrics
(+1) 617 225 2442 X225
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".