Subject: POSTSCRIPT PRINTING
From: [email-masked] (Tage Westlund)

1 Oct 1997 15:30:36 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hej!
My system is Win95 and I have the binary gnuwin32-b18.
I am not on a network and have no postscript printer, but
I have a valuable Postscript text file. There is no plain
text alternative on the web.
What free software can I download for printing the text?
I hope my case is of general interest for the mailing list 
members. 
Pure ASCII will be good enough; no need for viewing the text 
on the screen.
Own investigation led me to a GNU mirror and to the
ghostscript/ghostview combination. This was easy to download.
I expanded  ghostscript-3.33pc.tar.gz  and was able to start
gs386.exe  which gave an empty window and the prompt GS>
I am aware that the included source for ghostview is to be 
compiled so it can control ghostscript to do the viewing and
printing actions, but #include <X11/...> fails. Do I have to 
download the whole X11R6 complex of 150 MB? I hesitate!

Are there other free utilities available for printing in Post-
script?

Tage

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".