Subject: bash hangs/crashes when running executables
From: [email-masked] (Mike Mitten)

1 Oct 1997 13:08:30 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

With B18 on Win95, attempting to execute any .exe results in the
message "(C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\BASH.EXE 1001) In
cygwin_except_handler", then the window becomes unresponsive to input
and can only be closed by the X in the upper right corner.  Sometimes
it's 1004 or 1008 instead of 1001 in the message.

This happens if bash is run as bash or sh, from the Start menu or an
"MS-DOS" window.  What I assume to be internal bash commands (cd, pwd,
echo) work fine, but anything that's an .exe will crash, with or
without an explicit path ("./ls" for example).

/tmp exists, as does /etc, which contains termcap.  .bash_profile and
..bashrc both exist in $HOME (C:/usr/mimi), though this happens even if
they are removed.

Have I perhaps gotten PATH wrong?  DOS set gives:
PATH=C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND;C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN;C:\GNUWIN32\B18\TCL\BIN;C:\USR\BIN;C:\BIN\JDK1.1.1\BIN
and Cygnus's env gives:
PATH=/WINDOWS:/WINDOWS:/WINDOWS/COMMAND:/GNUWIN32/B18/H-I386-CYGWIN32/BIN:/GNUWIN32/B18/TCL/BIN:/USR/BIN:/BIN/JDK1.1.1/BIN

I've never explicitly mounted anything, but mount says that device c:
is directory / of type native, with flags of no-mixed and
text!=binary.  Any information on what I've missed will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

  -Mike

Mike Mitten, [email-masked], at IMI Services for Palarco, Inc.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".