Subject: Re: Installing CDK
From: [email-masked] (desh)

1 Oct 1997 03:36:09 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>, "Tomcat" <[email-masked]>

I tried the same procedure and got the same files in TEMP directory and the
same error.

I will appriciate if some one can give me location of some other for of
distribution (may be tar / gz).
I need it fast.

thanks
-Mittar

 ----
From: Tomcat <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wednesday, October 01, 1997 2:45 PM
Subject: Installing CDK

This is concerning CDK installation problem I mentioned yesterday. ("the
decompression of %s failed, there might be not enough free space in TEMP
directory") 

Thanks to the people who instantly answered, but the problem still
persists.
First thing I did was to empty the temp dir (c:\windows\temp, also pointed
by TEMP and TMP environment variables). Same thing happened. Then next
thing I tried was deleting the whole temp dir, wiping it out of recyle bin
(for luck) and then creating it again. It wouldn't work. I was curious and
tried it without any temp dir at all, but install shield complained (not
being able to write to c:\windows\temp). Okey so it's nothing wrong with
the temp. Then just as an experiment, I ended up deleting files as
installation created them, but still it would stop at the fatal 98%
resulting with the same message I am dreaming these days. And as someone
mentioned I tried creating c:\temp and c:\tmp.. Of course, it wouldn't
work.

Astonishing thought came to me that people who actually wrote some of the
most sophisticated lines of code in the world, that entire GNU project is,
can let something like this happening. Tjah.

Here is the list of the files setup extracted, I'd like if someone could
attach me the rest as I see no other alternative solving this trouble :)

data.tag
data1.cab
lang.dat
os.dat
setup.bmp,exe,ini,ins
_inst31i.ex_
_isdel.exe
_setup.dll
_sys1.cab
_user1.cab

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".