Subject: Re: pathname conversion
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

30 Sep 1997 07:16:29 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]

Thanks Pete, I've just got around to installing your debash utility, and 
it works great.

I wanted to wait until the end of September to post this thank-you due 
to the numerous posts that had nothing to due with the original 
question.  Thank-you to the few of you who actually answered my 
question.

As for those of you who just couldn't stand to let the post from xxx go 
unanswered as I had planned to do, it would help if you would not post 
your responses to gnu-win32.  Although some of what was said was 
informative it had nothing to do with gnu-win32, porting of tools and 
scripts, etc. which is the intent that the kind people at CYGNUS 
SOLUTIONS have provided.  Rather it became a flame and name bashing 
contest which wasn't necessary or appreciated.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

>Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 1:07 +0100 (BST)
>From: [email-masked] (Pete Jordan)
>Subject: Re: pathname conversion
>To: [email-masked]
>Reply-To: [email-masked]
>
>[email-masked] (Earnie Boyd) wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of a command/function which will give the 
translation
>> of the cygnus path name and vice versa?
>>
>> I'm using vim and it would be nice to have the translated full path 
to
>> Win32 when trying to edit with vim the file that is in a cygwin.dll
>> translated path.
>
>Have a look at the code in my debash utility
>(http://www.horus.cix.co.uk/download/debash-1.0.tar.gz) as this does
>essentially what you're asking for to allow GNU-Win32 paths to be 
passed
>to ordinary Windows applications.
>
>Pete Jordan ~ Horus Communications ~ http://www.horus.cix.co.uk/
>
>"Pass me another elf, sergeant, this one's split"
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".