Subject: PilotUnix GNU/Cygnus WIN32 Port
From: [email-masked] (Alexander Hinds)

29 Sep 1997 20:33:12 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

This evening I "ported" some of the pilot-unix suite to NT using cygnus'
wonderful gnu tools.  I haven't tried getting the Perl/Java/Python stuff
working...yet.

Changes are quite minor;  however, it does appear that the optimizer (at
least at level two) was generating bad code for the set_long & set_short
macros, particularly noticeable in function dlp_CreateDB.  Removing
optimizations elimated some bizzare runtime behavior.

Now I can *really* backup up my pilot, with the excellent pilot-xfer, just
like under Linux.  Cool!

If there's enough interest, I can submit some patches.  Kenneth?  (If so,
how would you like them submitted?)

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".