Subject: NT 4.0 exception trap for elvis.exe
From: [email-masked] (Anthony Tuininga)

28 Sep 1997 20:54:55 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

I compiled and installed without any trouble the ncurses 1.9.0 package under cygwin b18 (with Sergey's patches). I then compiled and linked the elvis binary without any trouble. However, executing the binary causes the following trap.... If someone could explain what the problem is I could look into what exactly is causing it (perhaps). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

(d:\opt\src\elvis-2.0\elvis.exe 1003) In cygwin_except_handler exc C0000005 at 42DCA6 sp 244F25C
(d:\opt\src\elvis-2.0\elvis.exe 1003) Exception trapped!
(d:\opt\src\elvis-2.0\elvis.exe 1003) exception C0000005 at 42DCA6
(d:\opt\src\elvis-2.0\elvis.exe 1003) exception: ax 0 bx 0 cx 0 dx 2EB3804
(d:\opt\src\elvis-2.0\elvis.exe 1003) exception: si 2EB403C di 42DBEE bp 244F268 sp 244F25C
(d:\opt\src\elvis-2.0\elvis.exe 1003) exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(d:\opt\src\elvis-2.0\elvis.exe 1003) Stack trace:
(d:\opt\src\elvis-2.0\elvis.exe 1003) frame 0: sp = 0x244F090, pc = 0x1000D140
(d:\opt\src\elvis-2.0\elvis.exe 1003) frame 1: sp = 0x244F0AC, pc = 0x77F94492
(d:\opt\src\elvis-2.0\elvis.exe 1003) frame 2: sp = 0x244F0D0, pc = 0x77F88E93
(d:\opt\src\elvis-2.0\elvis.exe 1003) frame 3: sp = 0x244F15C, pc = 0x77F76202
(d:\opt\src\elvis-2.0\elvis.exe 1003) frame 4: sp = 0x244F268, pc = 0x42A144
(d:\opt\src\elvis-2.0\elvis.exe 1003) frame 5: sp = 0x244F284, pc = 0x42B7FE
(d:\opt\src\elvis-2.0\elvis.exe 1003) frame 6: sp = 0x244F2A0, pc = 0x401FE3
(d:\opt\src\elvis-2.0\elvis.exe 1003) frame 7: sp = 0x244F2BC, pc = 0x4022DB
(d:\opt\src\elvis-2.0\elvis.exe 1003) frame 8: sp = 0x244F33C, pc = 0x402477
(d:\opt\src\elvis-2.0\elvis.exe 1003) frame 9: sp = 0x244F354, pc = 0x1000C2B0
(d:\opt\src\elvis-2.0\elvis.exe 1003) frame 10: sp = 0x244FF94, pc = 0x1000C2C3
(d:\opt\src\elvis-2.0\elvis.exe 1003) frame 11: sp = 0x244FFA0, pc = 0x43CB29
(d:\opt\src\elvis-2.0\elvis.exe 1003) frame 12: sp = 0x244FFB0, pc = 0x40103B
(d:\opt\src\elvis-2.0\elvis.exe 1003) frame 13: sp = 0x244FFC0, pc = 0x77F1B26B
(d:\opt\src\elvis-2.0\elvis.exe 1003) frame 14: sp = 0x244FFF0, pc = 0x0
(d:\opt\src\elvis-2.0\elvis.exe 1003) End of stack trace
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".