Subject: Beta 19 status
From: [email-masked] (Geoffrey Noer)

27 Sep 1997 22:35:40 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked] (Geoffrey Noer)

Greetings,

I guess I should know better even hinting at dates before beta 19 is
completely finished.  :-(  You should know that I am delaying the
release for a variety of reasons -- in a nutshell, some things have not
progressed enough and other things have progressed too much such that it
will take more time to get a new gnu-win32 to a releasable stage.  That's
life I guess.

That said, the Cygwin32 library (cygwin.dll) has made a lot of progress
since the last release as those of you using Sergey's cygwin.dlls have
seen.  For now, my current plan is to make a new cygwin.dll and its sources
available soon that can be added to beta 18 to make beta 18.5.

Finally, just a heads up so you know we haven't been slacking off :-).
Cygnus has just announced a new IDE called Cygnus Foundry (see the link
from the main Cygnus Web page http://www.cygnus.com for more information).
I will let you all know how this will play with future gnu-win32 beta
releases when I can...

Best regards,

Geoffrey Noer
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".