Subject: Re: Can gcc be installed on DEC Alpha NT easily ?
From: [email-masked] (Jason Zions)

27 Sep 1997 14:43:09 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

We are 95% of the way done with a port of gcc/gpp to OpenNT on Alpha.
Considerable work was needed; gcc etc. has never been used to generate
NT/Alpha code, and there was indeed some stuff broken. (NT PE object
format, in particular, although there are some code generation
glitches.)

Once we have the compiler stable and self-hosted (i.e. can be used to
build itself; we used MSVC 4.0 as a bootstrap compiler) we'll be putting
the source up on http://www.opennt.com. Should be under a month from
now. An alpha-quality binary of gcc for OpenNT on Alpha is available
from the same place; the binary does require OpenNT. The source code
will not, of course.

Jason Zions
Softway Systems, Inc.
http://www.opennt.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".