Subject: Re: pathname conversion
From: [email-masked] (Robert Praetorius)

26 Sep 1997 12:59:26 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
To: [email-masked]

> From:          Paul Prescod <[email-masked]>

> didn't want to associate the word "win" with anything Microsoftish. With

     Once, a few years ago, after a frustrating day with some MS 
Windows 3.1 bug or another, I copied win.exe to lose.exe and 
henceforward used this to start up MS Windows.  Sure, it was silly and 
petty - but it did make me feel better for awhile :-) (and more 
accurately reflected the behavior of the .exe at the time).
-------p--a--s--s--i--o--n-----n--e--e--d--s-----a-----f--a--c--e-------
"oncology recapitulates philately" --Mark Maxson    Robert M. Praetorius
"balance, not symmetry" --Mark Stanley    work: [email-masked]
(attribution by Stigler)     fun & recreation: [email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".