Subject: Bash 2.01 build problems
From: [email-masked] (Guy Gascoigne - Piggford)

26 Sep 1997 10:20:23 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

I'm attempting to build bash running with the b18 build as distributed from
cygnus.  I get the following error when attempting the build.

rm -f builtext.h builtins.c
../mkbuiltins -externfile builtext.h -structfile builtins.c \
-noproduction -D . ./alias.def ./bind.def ./break.def ./builtin.def
../cd.def ./colon.def ./command.def ./declare.def ./echo.def ./enable.def
../eval.def ./getopts.def ./exec.def ./exit.def ./fc.def ./fg_bg.def
../hash.def ./help.def ./history.def ./jobs.def ./kill.def ./let.def
../read.def ./return.def ./set.def ./setattr.def ./shift.def ./source.def
../suspend.def ./test.def ./times.def ./trap.def ./type.def ./ulimit.def
../umask.def ./wait.def ./reserved.def ./pushd.def ./shopt.def
../alias.def: Permission denied
make: *** [builtext.h] Error 2
make: *** [builtins/builtext.h] Error 1

Configure ran without hitch, but I can't seem to get rid of this Permission
denied error.  Any suggestions?

BTW I did try to build this using the Coolview version of bash et al, but I
got the following error and had to fall back on the older bash.

$ ./configure
../configure: re: command not found
../configure: line 1049: syntax error near unexpected token `"(c'
../configure: line 1049: `  echo $ac_n "(cached) $ac_c" 1>&6'

Guy

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".